STEP 1: DREAMING AND PLANNING
At our first meeting at your home or our office we will:
- Listen to your goals, needs, and desires.
- Talk about different possibilities.
- View or visit completed J&L projects as needed.
- Discuss your desired budget/investment comfort zone.
- Discuss your design/build team options: Interior Designers and Architects.
STEP 2 : PRE-CONSTRUCTION PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT
At our second meeting at our office we will:
- Review the J&L construction management system.
- Sign the Pre-Construction Partnership Agreement which allows us to continue consulting and providing pre-construction services.
- Provide assistance and advise as you select the architect, interior designer, and landscape architect most suited to join your design/build team. J&L facilitates collaboration with and manages the design/build team throughout the project.
STEP 3 : DESIGN PROCESS
Completing the design will include:
- Commence initial concept drawings.
- Discuss preliminary budgets for your home.
- Offer value engineering ideas as needed.
- Revise the design as necessary.
- Finalize the design and specifications for your home.
STEP 4 : BUDGET FORECAST
Creating an accurate budget forecast will include:
- Reviewing site conditions and constructability details of your home.
- Collaborative team meeting to discuss interior design specifications.
- Compile pricing from our trade professionals.
STEP 5 : POST DESIGN/PRE-CONSTRUCTION
Before we start actual construction, we will:
- Sign the construction agreement.
- Collect the construction deposit.
- Apply for the building permit.
STEP 6 : PRE-CONSTRUCTION MEETING
At this meeting, we will:
- Review the scope of work on-site with your management team; construction manager, project manager, and finance manager.
- Review the construction schedule that will be followed to complete your home in a timely manner.
- Address any final concerns before construction begins.
STEP 7 : CONSTRUCTION
During construction we will:
- Update you on changes to the schedule, including a 3-week look ahead schedule.
- Update you on work that is being performed.
- Meet with you weekly to address any concerns and questions that may arise during construction.
- Update you on any changes to the budget: increases and/or credits due to changes in the scope of work.
- Utilize our experience and project management systems during each phase of construction to ensure that your home is completed with accuracy and to the highest level of quality.
STEP 8 : POST CONSTRUCTION
Upon completion of your home we will:
- Deliver your Operations & Maintenance Manual.
- Follow-up at 11 months to see how you are enjoying the work we performed, and see if there are any warranty issues to address.
- Our goal is to make this process an enjoyable experience for you. We want you to love your home and share your experience with others who would benefit from our services.
- Estate management services can be provided by J&L to maintain the beauty of your home.